Aluminium Alloy LM-6, which is called 12 percent Silicon- Aluminium alloy in USA, has long been one of the best Aluminium Alloys for the die- casting of large and intricate parts and those having thin- walled sections.
Aluminium Alloy LM-6 is recommended for manufacturing gravity and pressure die cast components for use in various engineering applications.
Aluminium Alloy LM-6 is manufactured with:
- High purity virgin Aluminium metal having minimum purity of 99.7%.
- Special high grade quality of silicon metal which is the major alloying element.
- Fluxes of superior quality for purification, modification, refining and degassing processes.
- Keeping the percentage of copper content below 0.60 percent of maximum corrosion resistance.
- Maintaining the percentage of iron content at the optimum level for best results since ductility is proportionately decreased with and increase in iron content.
|Si||–||10.00 – 13.00||11.50 – 13.00|
|Impurities||Cu||–||0.10 M||0.10 M|
|Mg||–||0.10 M||0.10 M|
|Fe||–||0.40 M||0.40 M|
|Mn||–||0.30 M||0.30 M|
|Ni||–||0.10 M||0.10 M|
|Zn||–||0.10 M||0.10 M|
|Pb||–||0.10 M||0.10 M|
|Sn||–||0.03 M||0.03 M|
|Ti||–||0.10 M||0.10 M|